Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lake House Magic


We went to my family's lake house this past weekend with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and nephew for a few days of rest and connection. What a magical place the lake house is. There is something about that house and that location that immediately puts me at ease and helps me to forget about any stress or angst that I may be having. To those that have been there you'll completely understand what I'm talking about.

We spent 3 days floating in the water, eating as much food as we could put in our bodies, wondering at the marvel of our children, and discussing what the future may bring our way. I wish that we had many more days there. It brought back memories of what it was like at the lake house when I was growing up. I hope that my kids get to experience that same kind of family vacation environment: freedom to play all day, no scheduled restrictions, meals together on the porch, games played together, and a family room full of kids in sleeping bags.


Uncle Zach, Tia Lauren, and Noah

First push-up pop!

Trying to stay in the shade in the Pink Throne

Cousin hugs

Dean spent a good bit of everyday playing by himself on the porch. He hardly ever wanted to even come inside.

A Schlitz, a baby, and a pink raft...what more could you need?

Passed out on a long, hot walk. Notice the box of raisins still held tightly in his hand.

Breakfast. Aren't we beautiful?

The pier

My nephew Noah and his favorite face

2 comments:

  1. You'll be happy to hear both of the nuthatch chicks successfully flew the nest on the lake house porch this morning, accompanied the entire way by their very attentive parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a magical place, isn't it? What wonderful memories! Soon it will be time for the next generation to get started on the sleeping bag tradition!

    ReplyDelete