Saturday, June 20, 2009

Future Mountaineer




We took Dean to Boone for the first time this weekend. My brother-in-law, Joel had a closing symposium for a high school group that he led this summer, and we all went up to cheer him on and hear about the trip. Boone is still one of my favorite places. Every time I go back now I think how much I missed out on and all the things I didn't take advantage of while I was in school. Such is always the case, I suppose.

We took Dean around King Street, got him an ASU tshirt, I gave him a full guided tour of campus and showed him where all my classes were. We let him see the Yosef statue up near the stadium, and he sat on one of Daniel Boone's dogs.


He ate Boone Bagelry and cried in the tunnel under River Street. I have so many memories of hot summer days spent touring UNC's campus with my parents, hearing the stories otld over and over about where they had what class, which tree they kissed under, and which dorms they lived in. I can't wait to take Dean on the same tour of ASU and retell the same memories over and over until it's like he was there.

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! I especially like the picture of Dean on the dog (and you look beautiful too, of course).

    ReplyDelete