Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Life with a 3 month old

This is my son Dean. As many of you know, I have decided not to return to work, but to be a full-time mom. Dean is 3 months old now and I often get asked what I do all day long. It's not all fun and games...there is nap time and feeding too! A typical day for me goes as follows:
6:30am - Dean wakes me up for his first of 2 breakfasts (lucky guy!)
7:00am - make large pot of coffee
7:05am to 9:00am - play with Dean, read to Dean, sing WITH Dean, dance with Dean
9:00am - put Dean down for a nap
REPEAT EVERY 3 HOURS
Somewhere in there I manage to get dressed, brush my teeth, clean up a bit, do the laundry, wash dishes, and when I'm lucky, shower!

I'm so glad I get to be at home with him because I feel like I would miss out on so much right now. He is developing at warp speed, with new tricks every day. This week it is all about the hands. He discovered his hands recently, and then even better than that, his hands discovered each other. He spends over an hour every day playing with his fingers and looking at them in amazement. He looks at them, then looks at me, then looks back at them with a huge drool robe hanging down and his eyes as wide as saucers as if to say, "Have you ever seen anything so wonderful!" Then one of them breaks loose and he forgets they were ever there. In addition to the amazing hand discovery, he is becoming less and less of a bobble head doll. I don't know how he does it, but that boy can hold his big ole head up on that tiny little body without my help! As you can see in the photo, he can even do it laying on his stomach. Although that trick doesn't last very long right now.

One thing that I am taking immense pleasure in is that he is beginning to play with his ears and hold his blanket to his face when he's trying to get to sleep. My family can tell you that I did that...well, basically up until college. I love that he's following a habit his Mama had!

No comments:

Post a Comment